Within the past few years, VoIP Phone Systems have almost completely replaced the traditional phone systems. A small-scale VoIP PBX system will allow the users to make calls through high speed internet connection.
If a small business installs a VoIP system in their office, they will be able to save about eighty percentages in their current phone bill. One of the best features is that it not only reduces the cost of operation, it also provides the users with high quality calls. One of the best advantages of installing VoIP is that it will allow the users to make free calls to other VoIP networks, irrespective of the service provider.
While traditional phone systems uses phone lines for making calls, the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) system, as its name suggests, uses data lines for making calls. With the advancement of IP PBX system, the traditional PBX systems lost their monopoly in the audio communications world. The IP technology makes use of internet for transmitting audio and video signals. It also helps the users in reducing per minute calls as the technology is based on packet switching technique.
If you wish to enjoy VoIP calls, then you must have the following devices in your office like ATA (Analog Terminal Adapter) and a handset. It also requires the user to have high-speed internet with IP service. Some of the features and advantages of installing a VoIP system in your office are mentioned below.
- Allows the users to easily control and modify the settings.
- Extensions could be added easily without spending a fortune on devices and installation costs.
- The VoIP system also allows the users to swiftly forward calls.
- One of the features that only VoIP has is the ability to forward your messages to mailbox and receive them as voice mails. This made sure that the business owner gets all the necessary details.
- Ability to start conference calls from anywhere in the world. All you need is a working internet connection.
- Allows to access incoming and outgoing phone activity anytime of the day.
Since the technology provides the users with high quality calls, that too at an affordable pricing range, many small and medium scale businesses are moving on to installing VoIP Phone Systems in their office. Now, there are also hosted PBX systems that help in cutting the cost of operation further.